Thought I’d start a bit of a food diary on yummy foods I have made that pack well for day trips. My daughter has no known allergies so please note these are not made with any special dietry requirements in mind.
- 1x square wholemeal wrap
- tomato paste
- grated cheese
- diced mushroom
- grated carrot
- sweet corn
- bean mix
- diced tomato
Cut the wrap in half and spread tomato paste on one side. Top with your ingredients with the cheese on top so that the two sides stick together when pressed. Put the second half of the wrap on top and pop in a sandwhich press until cheese is melted together. As easy as that!
- I made this with some left over bolognaise so you can use and make as many as you like. I used about half a cup worth
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry – slightly rolled to thin down a bit
- About a tablespoon of milk
Quiet simple really. Use a glass or a round cookie cutter, fill with bolognaise, brush edges with a bit of milk and fold over. Pop into a 180 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
Bolognaise Mini Pizzas
- Again, this is with left over bolognaise.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry cut into rounds
- Tomato paste
- Grated pizza cheese
Cut some circles or other shapes to make it fun if your kids are helping. Spread with the tomato paste and top with bolognaise. Sprinkle cheese over the top and cook in a 180 degree oven for 12 minutes are until cheese is melted and golden. Easy peasy!